Kiwa Electronics / MW Loop
High Performance MW Air-Core Loop Antenna
Winner of the 93/94 WRTH World Radio TV Handbook Award
Click here for a larger picture (137 KB).
"... a beautiful piece of engineering... The loop not only looks
good, it performs well." Jonathan Marks, World Radio TV Handbook
Please Note: We have discontinued manufacturing the Kiwa MW Loop Antenna due to the unavailability of PVC pipe at our new location.
The Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna provides the
radio enthusiast with a unique antenna for improved AM broadcast band
reception and DX'ing. The unique design of the construction and electronics includes the following high performance
- The antenna tunes from 530 to 1700 kHz using a main and fine tuning
control. The control surface is separate from the antenna to facilitate
- Electronically balanced circuitry minimizes pickup of electrical interference.
- The antenna may be rotated for maximum signal pickup.
- The antenna "tilt" control includes 3 to 1 gear reduction for precise nulling of local signals and interference.
- The antenna "tilt" control can be adjusted to 90 degrees from vertical. The amount of tilt can be read directly in degrees.
- the Local/DX pre-amp switch provides attenuation of strong signals in the "Local" position while increasing the bandwidth for improved fidelity.
- A variable output attenuator provides complete control of the signal input to the receiver.
- Dual output amplifiers provides signal drive for two receivers simultaneously.
- A liquid filled compass provides bearing measurements of signals.
- The antenna may be powered by a low-noise AC supply which is included,
or by battery.
- The unique 12 inch circular air-core design provides improved weak signal reception.
Rear panel layout
Two receivers can be connected to Outputs 1 & 2 simultaneously. The
output connectors mate with a PL-259 coax connector. Power is normally supplied by a modular transformer or it may be powered by battery when AC power is not available.
Front panel layout
The attenuator adjusts the output level to the receiver(s).
The regeneration control performs as a variable bandwidth control.
As the regeneration is increased, the bandwidth narrows and the gain increases.
The regeneration control provides typicaly up to 75% bandwidth
reduction as it is adjusted from the minimum to maximum position.
Typical bandwidth characteristics are shown below when measured with a center frequency of 580 kHz.
The main tuning control tunes from 530 to 1700 kHz.
The fine tuning control augments the main tuning control for precise tuning
of the antenna.
The loop antenna is made of the finest materials.
The control surface is housed in a heavy duty steel chassis.
Connection of the antenna to the control surface is by way of an eight foot control cable.
The antenna uses teflon for all pivot points and the antenna is made entirely of non-metallic parts to prevent interaction with the loop antenna element.
The antenna is hand crafted in the USA and carries a one year warranty.
Dimensions: Overall height 18 inches / 45 cm
Weight: 16 pounds / 7.25 kg
"After about a week of using your air-core MW loop antenna, I can truthfully say that it is the best loop antenna I have ever had!
It out performs every ferrite-core loop I've ever used.
The nulls I can get are fantastic...
Your are to be congratulated."
R. Frcho, Ohio
MW Loop Antenna: US$400.00
Shipping in the US: US$22.00
Shipping to Canada: Please contact Kiwa
30 Day Trial Guarantee
All orders include a 30 day trial period.
If for any reason you are not satisfied, return the antenna within 30 days and you purchase money will be refunded.
Shipping and Handling:
Most orders are shipped in North America via UPS ground.
If you prefer another choice please let us know.
Orders to Alaska, Puerto Rico and Hawaii are shipped UPS 2nd day air.
Please contact Kiwa for pricing.
Method of Payment:
Payment must be made in US funds.
We accept VISA, AMEX (AMEX orders will be charged a 3% sur charge)and Mastercard.
We do accept personal checks, money orders and cashier checks.
Washington State residents please include 7.9% state sales tax.
Orders to Europe will include a 220 VAC/50Hz adaptor.
503 7th. Ave. N.E.
Kasson, MN 55944 USA