Relevant to any organization of any size, at any position in the food chain.
If your organization is part of the food chain and you want to demonstrate your commitment to food safety, put customers first and ensure you comply with regulations, you can benefit from ISO 22000 certification.
The ISO 22000 family of international standards covers food safety management, helping you identify and control food safety hazards. It lets you show your customers that you have rigorous food safety processes in place, demonstrating your commitment to hygiene and human health.
ISO 22000 sets out what you need to do to show that you are in control of food safety hazards and can ensure food safety. By improving your processes and performance, you can enjoy more opportunities to be part of the food chain and forge links with new partners globally.
What you need to know
ISO 22000 is suitable for any organization in the food chain, so if you make manufacturing equipment, grow crops or serve cake, it’s for you. Based on HACCP, ISO 22000 sets out the requirements for a food safety management system. It ensures the same standards across the food chain, from production to service, so you can show your customers your commitment to safety.
The standard focuses on continuous improvement and it is broadly applicable, covering:
- Good manufacturing processes (GMP)
- Self-assessment systems in line with HACCP
- Readiness for unexpected incidents
ISO 22000 follows a structure that makes it easy to use alongside other management system standards, such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Getting certified with Kiwa
Food safety failures can cause illness and even death, damaging the responsible company’s reputation and affecting the bottom line. Consumers want to know the food they eat is safe and reliable, and they are increasingly demanding evidence. With ISO 22000 certification, you can show that you meet legal food safety requirements, not only reassuring your customers but also providing more opportunities for new business.
By partnering with Kiwa, you can benefit from working with ISO 22000, by improving your systems and performance to meet the requirements of partners and potential new business, and ultimately increasing your profit.
- Reduce food hazards – by helping you improve food safety processes, ISO 22000 can help reduce the risk of hazards and incidents.
- Increase profit – with ISO 22000 certification, you can improve your reputation, gain customers and reduce costs, supporting the bottom line.
- Increase efficiency – ISO 22000 can show where your processes can be improved and help you optimize your resources, reducing costs.
- Meet customers’ needs – with ISO 22000 you can demonstrate that your products and services are high quality, safe and reliable.
- Reduce your risk of legal action – ISO 22000 certification shows you have taken steps to reduce food safety hazards, and reduces your risk of incidents.
- Improve competitiveness – ISO 22000 certification helps you enter new international markets and forge new partnerships.
- Create high quality jobs – by following ISO 22000 you can ensure the jobs you offer are high quality, supporting the food industry.
- Manage your compliance – ISO 22000 connects ISO 9001 and HACCP, helping streamline your food safety efforts and improve your documentation and procedures.