Relevant to any organization of any size or sector.
Conserving energy with the help of ISO 50001 can help you, whatever your industry, from agriculture to information technology.
The international standard ISO 50001 sets out the requirements for an energy management system. By guiding you through developing and implementing an energy policy, ISO 50001 helps you set and meet targets to reduce your energy use, including with new technologies and by reducing waste.
Rather than providing fixed targets, ISO 50001 is flexible to your context, letting you set out goals specific to your organization and focusing on continuous development. By improving processes and performance, your organization can cut its energy use, reduce costs and help protect the environment. This can lead you to higher profits, improved reputation and new business opportunities.
What you need to know
ISO 50001 is suitable for any organization, big or small, in any industry, from construction to medical devices – including yours. It sets out the requirements for an energy management system, asking you to define targets for your energy use and set out ways to achieve them.
The standard helps you:
- Develop an energy policy
- Set targets to implement the policy
- Use energy-related data to make decisions
- Monitor and measure your results and review your policy
- Improve your performance
ISO 50001 follows a structure that makes it easy to use alongside other management system standards, such as OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
Getting certified with Kiwa
Global energy use has doubled in the last 40 years and will increase almost one-third more in just over a decade. Reducing energy use is one way to cut carbon emissions and halt global warming. Consumers are increasingly interested in companies taking responsibility for their part in mitigating climate change, and ISO 50001 certification can help you demonstrate your commitment.
By partnering with Kiwa, you can maximize the impact of ISO 50001 on your energy use, improving your systems to improve your performance, save money and boost your business.
- Reduce your energy use – by helping you improve processes, ISO 50001 can help you reduce your overall energy consumption.
- Cut costs – ISO 50001 can help you identify ways to improve your energy efficiency, reducing the associated costs.
- Reduce your environmental impact – by cutting your energy use, you can also reduce your carbon footprint with ISO 50001.
- Improve your reputation – ISO 50001 certification shows your stakeholders that you are committed to sustainability.
- Meet customer demands – consumers are increasingly requiring companies to consider their environmental impacts; you can demonstrate this with ISO 50001 certification.
- Improve competitiveness – ISO 50001 certification helps you win tenders, enter new markets and forge new partnerships.
- Identify energy risks – ISO 50001 helps you identify and manage risks associated with future energy supply.
- Meet government targets – with ISO 50001 you can meet national or industry emissions targets and comply with voluntary guidelines.