The Water Supply (Water Fitting) Regulations 1999 are important for public health, safeguarding water supplies and promoting the efficient use of water within premises across the UK. All products connected to the UK water supply must comply with Regulation 4 of Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999.
The regulations set legal requirements for the design, installation, operation and maintenance of water fittings, systems and appliances, specifically in order to prevent the contamination of drinking water as well as preventing misuse, waste, undue consumption and erroneous measurement (Reg 3.(2)).
Water fittings requirements
Regulation 4 specifically sets out rules for water fittings, as follows:
Part 1: Every water fitting shall:
a. Be of an appropriate quality and standard.
b. Be suitable for the circumstances it which it is used.
Part 2: For the purposes of this regulation, a water fitting is of an appropriate standard or quality only if:
a. It bears an appropriate CE Mark.
b. It conforms to an appropriate harmonised standard.
c. It conforms to an appropriate British Standard.d. It conforms to a specification approved by the regulator.
KUKreg4 demonstrates compliance with Reg 4 part 1 (a).
ISO/IEC 17065 product certification scheme
KUKreg4 is complying with ISO/IEC 17065 product certification scheme and has the option of conformity attestation level 3 or 1+. The scheme covers all products from different sectors such as sanitary tapware, pipes & fittings, valves, appliances, catering equipment and Wcs.
Testing in ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratories
The testing will be accommodated within the Kiwa laboratories, ISO/IEC 17025 accredited by UKAS, RVA, Accredia.
The KUKreg4 approval scheme gives the same level of compliance against the Water Regulations as the WRAS approval scheme, the only difference being the certification process is different.
Benefits of our KUKreg4 services
- Possibility to accommodate a combined offer with other Kiwa certificates issued for compliance with appropriate European standards such as EN1111, EN817 EN200, EN13959.
- Demonstrates your product has undergone a robust, independent evaluation carried out by a global TIC company.
- Opportunity to differentiate your products in your marketplace with a product that is certified by an independent third-party.
- Ongoing production assessments (Level +1) to maintain compliant even as regulations change.
- Increase findability of your Regulation 4 compliant product by water suppliers, architects and specifiers via the KUKreg4 database.
- The process including all certification decisions is made entirely within Kiwa and its expert groups to ensure a fluid experience.
- The seamless process can deliver an immediate certification decision.
- No hidden external certification fees.
- Where products use other Kiwa certification schemes, in some circumstances the testing can be cross- referenced to issue a Kiwa UK (KUKreg4) certificate level 3 or +1, to avoid unnecessary cost and time in repeat testing.
- For option level +1 certification, there is no cyclic 5 year retest and the certificate is maintained via annual surveillance. This option is particularly beneficial for larger product ranges and any factory inspections can be combined with other Kiwa Certificate agreements.
- KUKreg4 database is regularly used by water suppliers, architects and specifiers as a source for Regulation 4 compliant products.
See Water Regulator's Specifications (Click on blue Testing Requirements tab).
How to get WRAS approval or KUKreg4 approval?
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01495 308185 and we will advise you of the next steps.