The piping systems are intended for application inside buildings with nominal outside diameters up to 160 mm for the transport of sewage water with temperatures up to 90 °C. The product requirements are based on EN 14680.
Kiwa evaluates the adhesive product quality and the manufacturer's internal quality system to the aspects of KOMO guideline 5221. After a positive result of the initial evaluation the KOMO product certificate is granted.
For whom is KOMO guideline 5221
KOMO guideline 5221 can be used by architects, housing construction corporations, local authorities, contractors, installing and plumbing companies for the specification of the requirements to adhesive joints in plastics piping systems for sewerage inside buildings.
Why KOMO guideline 5221
Manufacturers and suppliers of adhesives can distinguish themselves in the market with a KOMO product certificate.
Procedure obtaining KOMO product certificate
To obtain a KOMO product certificate for adhesive for plastics piping systems.
- Request for a quotation at the product specialist, directly or via Kiwa Rubber Team.
- Quotation = agreement based on the requirements in the evaluation guideline.
- After mutual signing the initial evaluation is carried out.
- After a positive result and signing of the contract the certificate is granted.
- Certificate is valid indefinitely.
- The conditions of the certification process are laid down in the Regulation for Product certification and General Terms for assignments to Kiwa.