Kiwa Inspecta offers you all the necessary inspection and certification services for fulfilling the requirements of the ASME International Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code in order to acquire the relevant formal ASME-Stamp for your products.
We assist you with:
- Establishing a QC system in compliance with the Code
- Support for implementation of the QC system
- Annual audit of your workshops
- Preparations for ASME certification audits
- Manufacturing inspections at your workshops
- Qualification and certification of your welding procedures and welders
Benefits with authorized inspection according to ASME
- Enables you to formally certify and register pressure equipment with the National Board.
- Opens your company to be able to export to USA, Canada and other countries that have adopted the ASME Code. You get an internationally recognized quality stamp for your product.
- After completed inspections, we affirm compliance with the Code, enabling you to certify and register the equipment with the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors. Certification is conducted by applying the ASME Stamp to the manufacturer’s plate.
- Inspections are performed by our strategic partner ARISE.
Related Services according to the ASME Code
When using the ASME Code within Europe, compliance with the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED or 97/23/EC) is required. Each manufacturer must prove that their equipment meets the essential safety requirements of the PED, entitling them to mark their products with the CE-mark.
Kiwa Inspecta will guide you through the certification process, covering all aspects of your production such as materials, design, testing, inspection, welding, manufacturing, etc.
Outside North America and Europe, the ASME Code is also widely used, either as a stand-alone Code or with additional national demands. Kiwa Inspecta will assist you in reaching compliance with both the ASME Code and national requirements, also with respect to special circumstances, such as seismically vulnerable conditions.
Kiwa Inspecta may assist you with:
- Verification of compliance with the ASME Code
- Verification of compliance with the PED
- Verification of compliance with National Codes, such as Chinese Regulations GB 150
- Design calculations acc. to ASME, B31, UBC, etc
- Calculations of wind- and seismic loads
- Manufacturing inspections at your workshop
- Qualification of your welding procedures and welders
- Training within all our competence areas