For many years Kiwa has been a Notified Body for the now Gas Appliance Regulation (GAR 2016/426/EU) (formerly Gas Appliances Directive (GAD), Low Voltage Directive (2014/35/EU), EMC Directive (2014/30/EU), Radio Equipment Directive (2014/53/EU) and Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC).  Kiwa is also a partner of other the well know institutes (like VDE for example) and is able offer the following services for electrical products:

  • CE testing;
  • Kiwa certification;
  • IECEE CB certification scheme;
  • VDE certification;
  • GS certification;
  • Certification for North America.

Exporting electronic controls is impossible without the appropriate certification. Kiwa can help you avoid the complexity and cost of seeking compliance with a whole variety of national import requirements. Our electronic safety laboratory has been recognized by the IECEE as a Certification Body Testing Laboratory (CBTL). This means that we can provide you with an IEC test report, that can be used for CB certification. CB certificates are accepted in a larger number of countries worldwide.

Kiwa Netherlands is also appointed as NCB (National Certification Body). This means that Kiwa can issue a CB certificate based on an IEC test report (issued by an CBTL).

The electronics for controlling and safeguarding gas appliances and electrical appliances are becoming ever more complex. As a leading party in Europe Kiwa is also addressing all kind of standards under several directives to address these controlling and so called safety electronics. Certifications for non-European countries are also possible. Kiwa can test and certify according to the following standards:

  • EN 298/ANSIZ21.20 / CSAC22.2 No. 199/for burner controls;
  • EN 13611 for safety electronics;
  • EN/IEC 60730 for household controls;
  • EN/IEC 60335 for household appliances;
  • EN 61508 for SIL assessment

If you wish to obtain access to global markets with your electronic product and components, you can ask for a quotation or information either by phone or e-mail. We will set up a plan according to your requirements. After approval of the quotation by both parties the actual test work starts. A certificate will be sent to you when all the test work has been performed successfully and you have entered into a surveillance agreement with Kiwa (for GAR only).