The certification focuses on management systems, environmental and administrative operating standards and associated legal compliance and is awarded on a per recycling process basis. Certification will be for each recycling process operating at a site. More specifically, the certification will cover the following areas:
- Operating and environmental permits required for the country of operation.
- Staff training, qualifications and organization.
- Incoming material procedures and controls.
- Stock management.
- The recycling process and associated mass balance calculation.
- Controls on recycled outputs.
- Environmental protection.
- Quality management and traceability.
Focus of certification
The certification focuses on material traceability in the supply chain and throughout the recycling process, assessment of conformity and recycled content in the end product and as such uses as a base the principals set out in EN15343:2007. Assessment of recycled outputs is based on the various EN standards developed for the characterization of plastic recyclates.
Kiwa EuCertPlast auditor
Kiwa, as an independent, impartial and innovative partner, wants to help recycling companies go forward. Kiwa has the knowledge to help recycling companies achieve reliability and market acceptance. We aim to contribute to organizations being able to offer quality and adding value to society thanks to their reliability, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
Would you like more information about the EuCertPlast certification and how we can help you? Please contact us.