Kiwa has been approved by the national authorities as a notified body for the Gas Appliance Regulatione). Our engineers can support compliance with any of these regulations/directives:
- The Gas Appliance Regulation (GAR - applies to almost all gas-fired appliances except some industrial applications). There are significant differences between the GAR and the previous GAD, for example relating to risk assessments and meeting the 'state of the art' condition. You can read more about this in the news item 'From GAD to GAR';
- The Boiler Efficiency Directive (BED) - applies to all domestic boilers;
- The Low Voltage Directive (LVD) - applies to all gas-fired appliances carrying electrical components or controls;
- The Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) - again, applies to all gas fired appliances containing electronics;
- The ErP (Energy Related Products) and related Ecodesign and Ecolabelling Directive. In addition to the efficiency data confirmed under the BED/GAR, the ERP will also require proof of tapping cycles.
Based on the information given in the application form, Kiwa will contact you. When all information is complete Kiwa will send an quotation specifying, among other things, the test program, sampling, inspection of your production process, and the certification schedule. Our quotation takes account of the product test results you may already have acquired from other accredited test institutes. This could be the necessary gas, EMC and/or electrical safety tests. If these test results are not available Kiwa can also help you to test your product on these aspects.
If the product meets the essential requirements of the GAR, the result is a CE test report and a CE certificate. A CE surveillance agreement is the final step before you can enter the European market.
You can download the application form on the right side of this page. The BRL's you can find here.