Our services are most often engaged by utilities, government departments, appliance manufacturers and automotive companies, and include technical advice, field trial management, feasibility studies, proof of concept, technical due diligence, risk analysis and mitigation, regulatory advice, techno-economic analysis, and data analysis. Our Hydrogen Insight newsletter and our Hydrogen movie provide a good summary of our capabilities.
Do you have a project you'd like to discuss? Please call our Consultancy team on 01242 677877
We also run a training course 'Hydrogen and the Natural Gas Network' for professionals working in the gas supply and appliance industry.
We are involved in several hydrogen-related projects in the UK and Europe:
- Collaboration with a major gas network operator on a feasibility study to change the gas supply for domestic and commercial users in a UK city from natural gas to hydrogen. See NGN's H21 Leeds City Gate report and NGN's video on the project. See the Climate Change Committee's report including the possible role of hydrogen in the UK's energy strategy, and this Northern Powerhouse report.
- Investigation of the commercial appetite for manufacturing domestic hydrogen appliances
- Collaboration with another gas network provider on Europe’s largest scale investigation of real performance of over one thousand installations with G20, G21 and G23 test gases.
- Working as part of a consortium to examine the potential use of hydrogen in the UK’s energy space.
- An investigation into future hydrogen use on behalf of SSE. This ‘HyHouse’ project investigated the risks likely to arise from the accidental release of hydrogen or hydrogen/natural gas mixtures into a domestic property.
- Assessing the feasibility of creating a hydrogen generation and distribution system to service localised population and commerce for a major engineering contractor.
- Advising companies introducing high pressure hydrogen systems to ensure that their installations are safe and that they are fulfilling their duty of care to staff through compliance with DSEAR