Who is this service for?
Inspection for approvals and construction product certificates supports manufacturers and type approval/ construction product certificate holders who need an accredited inspection body that can take care of monitoring control for their approved products at the place of manufacture.
About inspection for construction product certificates and approvals
The type approval- and certification schemes presuppose that manufacturers or approval holders manage to continuously ensure that a quality assurance system is implemented in the production process of approved product. In this way, the quality assurance system guarantees that the approved product is identical with the prototype which was originally approved by the approval authority or the certification body. Reliant on the suitable approval or certification schemes, an independent surveillance of the company’s quality assurance system must be performed on a random basis.
Independent inspection body
Kiwa Sverige AB is an independent inspection body with accreditation number 1913, accredited by the Swedish national accreditation body (SWEDAC) in accordance with SS-EN ISO/IEC 17020 – type A.
Worldwide we offer monitoring inspection as well as random sampling for approval and certification systems within these product groups:
- Devices for space heating (e.g. ornamental stove, etc.)
- Concrete, mortar, grout products and related products
- Fire protection and fire-retardant products
- Building product for sewerage systems (e.g. Pipes, tanks and accessories)
- Building products that come into contact with drinking water
- Building lime and other hydraulic binders
- Doors, window, shutters, gates and associated building fittings
- Metal products for construction purposes with accessories and roof drainage
- Masonry and related products, masonry elements, mills and accessories
- Sanitary tapware
- Ventilation duct systems
- Roofing, lanterns, skylights and related products, roofing kits
- Thermal insulation products, composite kits / systems for thermal insulation
Accredited inspection for Nordic approval schemes
Kiwa Sverige AB is accepted in Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden for conducting inspection for the following approvals schemes; GDV, SINTEF, STF and VA.
The GDV-scheme is regulated by the Danish Executive Order No. 1007 and its purpose is to ensure the quality of the drinking water. This approval scheme covers all factory-made building components in contact with drinking water such as taps, flexible hoses, piping systems.
The remaining approval schemes – the Danish VA, the Finnish STF, the Norwegian SINTEF and the Swedish Type Approval – covers all factory-made piping systems and components for tap water, distribution and sewerage.
Kiwa Sverige AB is formally recognized by the Finnish Ministry of the Environment and also by the Danish Transport, Construction and Housing Authority.
Benefits of our inspection for construction product certificates and approvals services
- Ensure that permanently flawless products are made available to the market with a good quality in accordance with the regulatory requirements.
- Regular surveillance prevents revocation of certificates/ approvals, which avoids financial setbacks for product manufacturers, sales ban on construction products and the uncertainty among builders/promoter.
- Our inspection is accepted in all Nordic countries which is both time and cost efficient for the beneficiaries.
- This inspection service can be combined with other certification schemes and services Kiwa offers.