ISAAC consists of several tools for fracture assessments which are listed below.
- R6 Based Fracture Assessment
- ASME XI Appendix A: Ferritic Steel Components
- ASME XI Appendix C: Piping Components
- OneTherm – A procedure for one dimensional heat transfer problems
- Several visual aids to simplify analyses and post processing
- Includes 17 geometries with both stress intensity factor and limit load solutions
- Built-in crack growth laws for both fatigue and SCC as well as the possibility for user specified crack growth laws either by coefficients or tables
- Easy to use aids for curve fitting options of stresses
- Incorporated recommended safety factors for nuclear applications as well as the possibility for user defined safety factors for use in other industries
- Implementation of Master Curve for fracture toughness calculations
- Possibility to analyze several load cases at once
- Possibility to combine different load cases both sequentially and mixed during crack growth analyses
- Acceptance calculation along a crack growth path
History and Future Development
ISAAC is the successor to the software ProSACC and is the result of a complete conversion and modernization of the software. ISAAC is undergoing active development in order to be at the forefront of safety assessments of components containing defects.