A BDA Agrément® can cover the following categories:
1. External walls
2. Pitched roofs
3. Flat roofs
4. Ground floors
5. Basements and other earth retained structures
Generally speaking the assessment relates to waterproofing, thermal insulation and all sorts of finishing and protecting of the building envelope, both for new construction and retrofit.
- BDA Guideline - BDA Agrément®: 2014
- Kiwa Guideline K22005 - Kiwa Certificate linked to a BDA Agrément® :2012
The BDA Agrément® forms the assessment part of the new Kiwa BDA Certification scheme and covers usually the following aspects:
- Conditions of use
- Frame of reference, including standards, relevant codes of practice and test reports
- Independently verified product characteristics
- Factory production control
- Annual verification procedure
- Points of attention for the specifier and specific details
- Installation procedure
- Compliance with Building Regulations and any other required standards
- Boundaries of use (restriction to geographical scope)
- Validity aspects
In the document common major points of assessment relate to thermal performance, structural performance (e.g. wind-uplift resistance), condensation and water penetration risk, behaviour in relation to fire, durability and other aspects, depending on the product or kit which has been assessed in relation to specific standards. The BDA Agrément® is issued by ECBE and signed by the Chairman and/or the responsible Assessor. The BDA Agrément® is authorized by the technical director of BDA Advies .
A BDA Agrément® can be linked to a Kiwa Certificate, but only if the BDA Agrément® relates to a product and its geographical scope does not cover The Netherlands.
The Kiwa Certificate is a separate document in which it is stated that Kiwa as Technical Assessment / Certification Body has determined that the holder of the Certificate fulfils for the product(s) or system(s) involved all provisions concerning the attestation of conformity and performances in the specification of the accompanying BDA Agrément® and that the Factory Production Control system is in line with the relevant Kiwa-BDA Technical Documentation Report. The Kiwa Certificate is issued by the authorized Kiwa branch company for the country involved and signed by the (general) manager of this legally registered company.