A phone call to us costs little effort. Having to redesign a PCB to add a double isolation barrier may cost considerably more. At Kiwa we have a team of qualified engineers helping you at every stage of the testing and certification process. Our knowledge of the standards and our communication with the official authorities on maintenance of regulations worldwide are invaluable to our customers.
See below for more information about our services
Our electrical safety tests include:
- Glow wire
- Temperature rise
- Torque testing
- Spark ignition test
- Electric strength
- Earth bond
- Voltage/current measurement
Our labs are also capable of carrying out long term humidity testing of appliances using climatic chambers. This is especially useful for gaming machines, vending machines and other very large appliances.
Our electrical safety testing service is very customer-centred. We conduct full suites of tests against EN 60335 as well as short phone calls on the selection of components for a particular standard. We also keep an eye on standards development in order to inform designers and manufacturers of impending changes so that future proofing can be engineered into the product where necessary.
Product electrical safety compliance is best considered early on in the design stage. We try and emphasize this and encourage all of our customers to do the same. It can be just the little oversights which can add substantial delays to getting your product to market.
As a worldwide testing, inspection and certification organization we are a local (for example UKAS & RVA) and international (CB scheme) accredited test and/or certification lab and/or body for multiple standards.
Please find a short overview of our scope below. For the full scopes of our test labs please click here. Is your specific scope is not listed, please contact us so we can discuss on how to help you move forward.
- IEC/EN 60335-1: General requirements
- IEC/EN 60335-2-06: Stationary electric cooking ranges, hobs, ovens
- EN 60335-2-08: Shavers and hair clippers
- IEC/EN 60335-2-9: Electric portable appliances that have a cooking function (grills, toasters)
- IEC/EN 60335-2-13: Deep fat fryer, electric frying pans and similar appliances
- IEC/EN 60335-2-21: Electric storage water heaters
- EN 60335-2-23: Appliances for skin or hair care
- IEC/EN 60335-2-24: Refrigerators and freezers
- IEC/EN 60335-2-30: Room heaters
- IEC/EN 60335-2-35: Electric instantaneous water heaters
- IEC/EN 60335-2-37: Deep fat fryers and doughnut fryers (pressure)
- IEC/EN 60335-2-38: Electric griddles and griddle grills
- IEC/EN 60335-2-39: Commercial electric multi-purpose cooking pans
- IEC/EN 60335-2-42: Forced convection ovens, steam cookers and steam-convection ovens
- EN 60335-2-52: Oral hygiene appliances
- EN 60335-2-59: Insect killers
- IEC/EN 60335-2-78 : Outdoor barbecues
- EN 60335-2-82 : Amusement and personal services machines
- EN 60335-2-98 : Humidifiers
- IEC/EN 60335- 2-102 Gas: oil and solid-fuel burning appliances having electrical connections
- EN/IEC 60730-1: Automatic electrical controls for use in, on, or in association with equipment for household and similar use, including controls for heating, air- conditioning and similar applications
- IEC/EN 62368-1: Electrical and electronic equipment within the field of audio, video, information and communication technology, and business and office machines. (successor of the IEC/EN 60950-1)
- EN 60529 (only IP00 t/m IP66): Degrees of protection provided by enclosures (IP Code)
CE-marking and other services
If you are not sure about the electrical safety of your product, CE-marking in general, which standards you should use or the materials you are using, then please get in touch with us. A team of experienced and dedicated engineers are at your service. We are happy to inform you about the CE-marking, international certifications and are able to perform a construction assessment.
Does your product have any wireless connectivity? Then your product also has to comply with the radio equipment legislations, for Europe RED (Radio Equipment Directive). In a world where the internet of things is becoming more and more important, many products are having a wireless connectivity. From a smart thermostat you can control with your smartphone up to the newest gaming gadgets such as VR gloves and glasses.
If you would you like to know more about testing and certification services for these kind of products or more about radio equipment legislation, please visit the Kiwa Telefication website or contact us.