Performance testing for plastic, metal and composite piping systems
To validate certification requirements and demonstrate compliance to national and international product standards, Kiwa’s accredited and independent modern laboratory facilities offer physical, mechanical, chemical, leak tightness and hydrostatic pressure testing on all types of plastic piping systems such as:
- Distribution systems for drinking water, wastewater and gas made from e.g. PE, PVC(-U/O) and PP;
- Hot & cold piping systems for hot water supply, (underfloor)heating, district heating made from e.g. PE-X, PE-RT, PB, PP-R, PVC-C and multilayer composite pipes.
Leak tightness (life cycle) testing
Life cycle tests are aimed at manufacturers and suppliers of pipes, fittings and piping systems and allows them to determine the long-term performance of the piping systems and verify that the requirements set by the reference standards are met. Kiwa laboratories conduct:
- Pressure testing on leaktightness (a.o. EN ISO 1167);
- Thermal cycle testing (a.o. EN 12293, ISO 19893, EN 1055, ISO 13257);
- Pressure cycling testing (a.o. EN 12295, ISO 19892);
- Bending testing (a.o. EN EN 713, ISO 3503);
- Pull-out (a.o. EN EN 712, ISO 3501);
- Dynamic testing (a.o. DVGW W534);
- Jointing tests;
- Resistance to Thermal Cycles test according to EN ISO 13257
- Thermal Cycle Resistance test according to EN ISO 19893
- EN ISO 3503
- EN 12295
- EN 12294EN 1055
- And many more.
The Mechanical characterization tests are addressed to producers of pipes, fittings and plastic systems who need to verify that the behavior of a material to which static or dynamic forces are applied complies with the requirements of the Reference Standards.
Kiwa laboratories conduct:
- Pressure testing (a.o. ISO 1167);
- Tensile testing (a.o. ISO 527, ISO 6259);
- Impact testing (a.o. ISO 3127, ISO 9584, ISO 11173);
- Ring stiffness, flexibility and creep ratio testing (a.o. ISO 9967, ISO 9969, ISO 13968).
Physical tests conducted by Kiwa laboratories are aimed at manufacturers of polymer materials, pipes and fittings who need to verify material characteristics to the product and material standards.
Kiwa laboratories conduct physical testing for plastic pipes like carbon black content / pigment/ carbon black dispersion, cross linking, degree of gelation, effects of heating + longitudinal reversion, MFR, VST, OIT, oxygen permeability, all slow crack growth related testing works (NPT, SHT, CRB, FNCT, etc) and many more.
Material classification and long-term hydrostatic strength
Kiwa can provide material and pipe classification testing works in accordance with standards such as ISO 9080, ISO 12162, ASTM D3350 and similar standards for e.g. multilayer pipes (ISO 21003).
Benefits Kiwa testing services
- Create trust with the Kiwa testing reports - Kiwa is globally well acknowledged in the Water & Gas Utilities sector, as a leading TIC company, symbol of quality and integrity.
- A one-stop-shop TIC company - Thanks to its complete service portfolio dedicated to this sector, from testing to certification, Kiwa can be a unique partner and a one-stop-shop for all areas of the water and wastewater supply networks.
- Reduce costs and time-to-market - Thanks to our international network and a Global Market Access service portfolio for the water industry, manufacturers can combine tests and approvals to keep costs down and reduce the time-to-market.
- Your partner for progress - Kiwa can provide a responsive and personalized guidance through the certification process.
Kiwa laboratory locations
Kiwa's well equipped and modern laboratories that conduct performance testing for plastics, multilayer and GRP piping systems are located in:
7327 AC Apeldoorn
+31 (0) 55 539 3 240
Kiwa Cermet - San Vendemiano
Viale Venezia 45
San Vendemiano (TV)
For available testing at Kiwa's worldwide located labs, consult this page.