Performance testing for sanitary tapware and accessories
To validate certification requirements and demonstrate compliance to national and international product standards, Kiwa’s accredited and independent modern laboratory facilities offer physical, mechanical, chemical, leak tightness and hydrostatic pressure testing on all types of sanitary tapware and accessories such as:
- Water closet pans & cisterns, seat and cover;
- Taps, combination taps & mixers;
- Flush valves, float valves;
- Ceramic sanitary appliances;
- Kitchen sinks;
- Water distribution systems;
- Water meters;
- And many more.
Life cycle testing
Life cycle tests are aimed at manufacturers and suppliers of products that are related to water and verify that the requirements set by the reference standards are met. Kiwa laboratories conduct:
- Bib taps and stop valves;
- Mechanical mixing valves;
- Thermostatic mixing valves;
- Backflow prevention devices;
- Boiler inlet combinations;
- Water meters;
- Flushing cisterns;
- Flexible connecting hoses;
- Float operated valves;
- Solenoid valves;
- Check valves;
- And many more.
The functional tests are addressed to producers who need to verify the functional aspects of products.
In general Kiwa laboratories can conduct all tests with the following parameters:
- Determination geometrical properties (0,1 µm < distance < 20,0 m);
- Determination of volume using standardized volumes (0 l < volume < 10.000 l);
- Determination of volume and flow using a volume meter or flow meter to be tested with water (0 m3/h < flow < 140 m3/h);
- Determination of mass using scale (0,0 kg < mass 250 kg);
- Visual assessment;
- Determination of pressure using a fluid column (0 mm < column < 1000 mm);
- Determination of pressure using a pressure gauge (0 bar < pressure < 100 bar);
- Determination of vacuum using pressure gauges (-85 KPa < pressure < 0 KPa);
- Determination of force using force meters (0 N < force < 45360 N);
- Determination of torque using a torque wrench (0 Nm < torque < 1000 Nm);
- Determination of rotational angle using dedicated measuring devices (0º < angle < 120º);
- Determination and monitoring of the chemical endurance using salt spray or household chemicals;
- Determination of temperature using thermo couples and PT100 (0 ºC < temperature < 99 ºC);
- Measurement of time using a stopwatch or computer log (0 sec < time < 3600 sec).
Benefits Kiwa testing services
- Direct access to the latest information from our experts about the product group, thanks to Kiwa’s participation in various (inter)national normalization committees.
- Kiwa’s certification strengthens confidence in the quality of the materials utilized the performance of the products and the quality control on a day-to-day basis of the manufacturer.
- A one-stop-shop TIC company - Thanks to its complete service portfolio dedicated to this sector, from testing to certification, Kiwa can be a unique partner and a one-stop-shop for all areas of the water and wastewater supply networks.
- Reduce costs and time-to-market - Thanks to our international network and a Global Market Access service portfolio for the water industry, manufacturers can combine tests and approvals to keep costs down and reduce the time-to-market.
- Your partner for progress - Kiwa can provide a responsive and personalized guidance through the certification process.
Kiwa laboratory locations
Kiwa's well equipped and modern laboratories that conduct performance testing for sanitary tapware and accesoires are located in:
7327 AC Apeldoorn
+31 (0) 55 539 3 240
For available testing at Kiwa's worldwide located labs, consult this page.