Optimisation of your asset management by:
- Introducing the risk management cycle,
- Creating a better alignment between crucial business processes,
- Making the decision-making process transparent,
- Focusing on issues that really matter.
In addition, it is an excellent base for a continuous improvement process.
- The added value of certification vis-à-vis external parties is primarily the demonstrability of an optimally organised and therefore continuously improved asset management process and control of your physical business assets.
- Supervisory parties accept PAS 55 and NTA 8120 as a suitable base for a risk management system for your assets and consequently adapt supervision activities accordingly in the case of certified companies.
New regulations for pipeline operators
- The Dutch decree on external pipeline safety (Besluit externe veiligheid buisleidingen or Bevb) imposes obligations on operators of pipelines for transporting hazardous substances.
- The technical and organisational duty of care is explicitly specified in the Bevb decree (article 4).
- The NTA 8000 technical agreement clarifies which management practices are seen as normal and necessary in accordance with standards of reasonableness (explanatory note in relation to Bevb, article 4).
- The supervisory party accepts the methodology of NTA 8000 and applies it as an assessment framework.
The consequences for pipeline operators are as follows
- Pipeline operators must be able to demonstrate that they comply with their duty of care.
- They can do so using the system described in the NTA 8000 technical agreement.
- The requirements with which a risk management system (RMS) must demonstrably comply are central elements within this technical agreement.
Services provided by Kiwa Technology
- Advice on asset management issues.
- Performance of gap analyses (zero measurements).
- Implementation of Risk Management Systems.
- Coordination of NTA 8000 implementation.
- Creation of risk management plans
- Pipeline management authority
- Pipeline operator
- Gas, Electricity or Thermal Power network operator
- Person responsible for installation
- Network management department
- Asset manager
- Asset specialist
- Risk specialist
- HSE manager
- HSE specialist