Well equipped and modern laboratory
Kiwa has a well equipped and modern test laboratory. For decades our laboratory has tested drinking water products, in view of product certification, according to evaluation guidelines, quality requirements and (inter)national standards. We are able to test a wide scope of products used in (drinking) water installations. But of course the Kiwa test laboratory is also able to test products in other markets.
The Dutch Council of Accreditation (RvA) has accredited our laboratory according to ISO 17025.
The test laboratory is also at your disposal to test your products according to your own specifications. Possibilities will be determined in consultation and, if suitable, Kiwa will propose a test program.
Tests are possible with:
- Flow rates up to 120 m3/h;
- Dynamic pressures up to 1.8 MPa (18 bar);
- Static pressures up to 10MPa (100 bar);
- Vacuum up to -80kPa; and
- Hot water with a temperature up to 95°C.
The test laboratory has special rigs to test the endurance of:
- Bib taps and stop valves;
- Mechanical mixing valves;
- Thermostatic mixing valves;
- Backflow prevention devices;
- Boiler inlet combinations;
- Water meters;
- Flushing cisterns;
- Flexible connecting hoses, and
- Float operated valves.
Also rigs are available to test the functional aspects of:
- Water meters (to EN-ISO 4064);
- Thermostatic mixing valves (to EN 1111, EN 1287, or NHS D08);
- Water hammer arrestors, and
- Ceramic sanitary appliances.
For the planning of your tests there are several options:
- Pre-schedule your test;
- Contact for time schedule;
- Contact for progress update;
- Hiring test capacity: perform non-certification tests yourself in our laboratory, optionally with a test engineer;
- Hire a test engineer to perform tests at your company.
For questions about the test planning please contact:
- E-mail: Martijn.van.Beijeren@kiwa.nl
Accreditation and acceptance of test results
The Kiwa test laboratory is:
- accredited to ISO 17025 by the Dutch Council of Accreditation (RvA);
- recognized by Buildcert (UK) for TMV2 and TMV3 products WRAS (UK).
Test results for sanitary tap ware are accredited by:
- CSTB/AFNOR (Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment/Association Française de Normalisation - France);
- DVGW (Deutscher Verein des Gas- und Wasserfaches e.V. - Germany);
- SVGW (Schweizerische Verein des Gas- und Wasserfaches - Switzerland) and
- ÖVGW (Österreichische Vereinigung für das Gas- und Wasserfach - Austria).
For testing according to Australian Standards, Kiwa can be at your service too.
Kiwa Test Laboratory Sanitary Appliances
Telephone +31 (0)88 998 44 75
E-mail : email@example.com