The test according to ETAG 005 is required if you wish to distribute the following materials, among others, in other European countries:
- Polymer modified bitumen emulsions and solutions, applied by brushing, spraying or spreading
- Glass reinforced resilient unsaturated polyester resins
- Flexible unsaturated polyester or Reactive Poly(methyl) Methacrylate (PMMA) .
- Polymer modified bitumen, reinforced or unreinforced
- Polyurethane, Polyurea, and Polyaspartic.
- Silane modified Polymers (SMP),
- Bitumen emulsions and solutions. These products are only used for repair, renovation, or maintenance, which have a limited intended working life of five years.
- Water dispersible polymers.
- Thermoplastic Block Copolymer
The scope of testing for obtaining a European Technical Approval - ETA - for liquid applied roof waterproofing is determined by EAD 030350-00-0402 and agreed with the client.
The corresponding verifications are carried out using the test procedures according to the EOTA Technical Reports (TR) or according to the standards specified therein.
The EAD 030350-00-0402 requires the proof of performance characteristics as a guideline for the assessment of the usability of LARWK, among others:
- Classification according to fire safety aspects by the applicant
- Classification according to use by the applicant
- Useful life: Category W2, expected useful life ten years,
Category W3, expected useful life 25 years, Category M, mediteran climate or Climate zone: Category S, extreme climate
- Payload: P1-P4 for compresible substrates and non-compresible substrates
- special, e.g. for roof gardens, inverted roofs, green roofs
- Roof pitch: S1 - S4 (< 5% to > 30% pitch)
- Surface temperatures: TL1-TL4 and TH1-TH4