Who is VinylPlus® Product Label Certification for?
The voluntary certification in accordance with the VinylPlus® Product Label is aimed at manufacturers and designers in order to manufacture and identify PVC products and solutions that contribute to sustainable development, for the building and construction sector.
About VinylPlus® Product Label Certification
The VinylPlus® Product Label is a voluntary sustainability labelling scheme for PVC products. Developed by VinylPlus in partnership with BRE Global and The Natural Step, it focuses on PVC applications for the building and construction sector.
The primary objective is to help companies to produce and to place on the market increasingly sustainable PVC products, ensuring that the company's performance and the component materials used in the products meet sustainability criteria. It is also a reference for compliance with the Minimum Environmental Criteria defined within Green Public Procurement.
Benefits of our VinylPlus® Product Label Certification services
- Increase visibility and credibility - The achievement of the accredited certification according to the VinylPlus Product Label Scheme allows companies to gain more visibility and credibility by institutions and consumers. In fact, the label is a distinctive element recognized at European level that attracts the attention of buyers and designers who will be able to recognise the level of sustainability of PVC products more quickly.
- Communicate commitment towards sustainability - The certification enhances the environmental commitment of companies in the production of sustainable products and is a reference for an "ethical" and sustainable management of the supply chain and production of PVC articles by understanding social, economic and environmental issues.
- Your partner for progress - Kiwa, which has always been committed to support companies and organizations in adopting sustainable solutions, is a partner for progress, aimed to build an environmentally and economically sustainable society.
Requirements VinylPlus® Product Label Certification
To obtain the sustainable label, PVC products must meet criteria that assess the company's overall policy and performance and the sustainability of the product's components. These include:
- Partnership with VinylPlus and program support
- Organizational management requirements
- Supply chain management requirements
- Controlled life cycle management and recycling
- PVC resin from sustainable sources
- Responsible use of additives
- Sustainable energy and climate policies
- Sustainability awareness and communication