Hydrogen Mobility and Refueling stations
Hydrogen produced from renewable energy sources can also make an important contribution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions when vehicles start using this fuel. Car manufacturers have been researching the use of hydrogen in vehicles for decades now, and vehicles are already available, but they suffer from a lack of economic infrastructure with the appropriate purity of hydrogen gas to support fuel cells.
Kiwa is equipped with an "H2" test laboratory dedicated to tests for automotive components using hydrogen: a unique facility in Europe where it is possible to test in extreme conditions up to 1.100 bar of hydrogen, between -50 and 120 ºC. Specifically, the testing and certification services concern the individual components of the vehicles fuel line powered by LPG, CNG, LNG and Hydrogen, as well as electromagnetic compatibility and climate tests.
What can Kiwa can offer the hydrogen mobility sector?
- Testing, Inspection and Certification of tanks and mobility components, up to 4000bar (domestic vehicles, trucks, trains)
- Certification of Hydrogen vehicles
- Certification of Hydrogen filling stations
- Certification of Pressure Equipment Directive, Inspection and Certification(PED)
- Conformity against ISO / TS 19880 Gaseous Hydrogen — Fuelling stations
- WBDA 2016, assessment pressure equipment and assembly
- PGS 35, assessment hydrogen delivery installations for road vehicles
- ATEX assessment
- Quality and safety studies on the contamination of hydrogen in a repurposed gas distribution system and clean-up required for Hydrogen vehicles
- Location studies and optimization looking at Hydrogen bunkering and refuelling
- Technical and financial audits aimed at identifying risks and opportunities of Hydrogen purification projects and for the conversion of gas networks
- Technical assistance on boil-off management system, including definition of technical requirements to BMS systems, calculation of dimensions, preparation of technical drawings, building and testing of prototypes, series manufacturing.