CE Marking is a legal requirement for manufacturers of gas appliance products in certain categories.
- CE Marking expert advice
- Assistance for manufacturers/importers of appliances falling under the GAR, LVD, EMC-D, Machinery Directive, ATEX, PED, TPED, etc
- Assistance for manufacturers/importers of appliances falling under the BED/Ecodesign
- Creation of technical file (your saving grace in the event of a problem)
- Advice for North American and Australian markets
- Declaration of Conformity Review
Whether you simply need some friendly informal advice or comprehensive testing, we can help.
We help clients who manufacture or import gas appliances that fall under the essential requirements of the European Gas Appliance Regulation (GAR) the European Boiler Efficiency Directive [or BED Ref No: – 92/42/EEC as amended by 93/68/EEC]. In addition, we have arrangements in place to assist clients trying to obtain compliance with North American and Australian equivalent Directives. We have test laboratories accredited for CE Marking in The Netherlands and Italy, and UK labs accredited for UKCA Marking. The Kiwa Group is also represented by in-country agents in the USA, Japan, Greece, Spain, Brazil and Belgium.
Your technical file
A technical must be produced, the contents of which are laid out in the Regulation. This file must be kept in the EU by the manufacturer or their authorized representative, and be available for inspection at all times by Trading Standards officers. The file must be kept for ten years after the last manufacture date of the product. If there is an accident involving your product, you may have to go to court and defend it. The basis of your defence will be the Technical File.