This service is for producers of heat pumps.
MCS 007s scope is for demonstration of compliance with one or more of the following standards:
- EN 14511:2013 Parts 1 – 4 Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages and heat pumps with electrically driven compressors for space heating and cooling;
- EN 12309-5:2014 Gas-fired absorption and adsorption heat pump appliances with a net heat input not exceeding 70 kW;
- EN 16147 Heat pumps with electrically driven compressors. Testing and requirements for marking of domestic hot water units.
- EN 14825:2013 Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages and heat pumps, with electrically driven compressors, for space heating and cooling. Testing and rating at part load conditions and calculation of seasonal performance.
- BS EN 12102:2013. Air conditioners, liquid chilling packages, heat pumps and dehumidifiers with electrically driven compressors for space heating and cooling. Measurement of airborne noise. Determination of the sound power level.
MCS 007 sets performance requirements with regards to efficiency and emissions.
Products must be legal for sale in the UK and so for products that are within the scope of COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No. 813/2013 its requirements have been transposed into MCS 007.
To discuss this service please get in touch. You can also visit the MCS website for more information about the Scheme and its requirements.