Our electrical safety tests include:
- Glow wire
- Temperature rise
- Impact testing
- Electric strength
- Earth bond
The laboratory is also capable of carrying out long term humidity testing of appliances using an on-site 7.5m3 climatic chamber. This is especially useful for gaming machines, vending machines and other very large appliances.
Our electrical safety testing service is very customer-centred, whether we're conducting a full suite of tests against EN 60335 or a short phone call on the selection of components for a particular standard. We also keep an eye on standards development in order to advise designers and manufacturers of impending changes so that future proofing can be engineered into the product where necessary.
Product electrical safety compliance is best considered early on in the design stage, we try and emphasise this and encourage all of our customers to do the same. It can be just the little oversights which can add substantial delays to getting your product to market.
We are a UKAS accredited testing laboratory (No. 2667) to safety test the following part 2's:
- EN60335-2-08: Shavers and hair clippers
- EN60335-2-13: Deep fat fryer, electric frying pans and similar appliances
- EN60335-2-23: Appliances for skin or hair care
- EN60335-2-29: Battery chargers
- EN60335-2-30: Room heaters
- EN60335-2-40: Heat exchangers and thermoelectric coolers (non-refrigerant type) only
- EN60335-2-41: Pumps (NEW)
- EN60335-2-52: Oral hygiene appliances
- EN60335-2-59: Insect killers
- EN60335-2-73: Fixed immersion heaters
- EN60335-2-75: Commercial dispensing appliances and vending machines
- EN60335-2-80: Fans
- EN60335-2-82: Amusement and personal services machines
- EN60335-2-85: Fabric steamers
- EN60335-2-98: Humidifiers
- EN60335-2-102: Gas, oil and solid-fuel burning appliances having electrical connections ideally at the development stage of new electrical products.