As a consequence of Brexit, many products sold into the UK market (England, Wales and Scotland)* will require a UKCA mark from 1st January 2021. (*Note the position in relation to N. Ireland remains under discussion between HM Government and EU and at the time of writing has not been clarified).

The transition period for the UK leaving the European Union ends on 31st December 2020, meaning that many products placed on the UK market* from UK manufacturers or from manufacturers outside of the UK will require a UKCA label, where previously a CE mark was applicable. 

Subject to your product type the UKCA process almost certainly will require immediate changes to your product documentation, surveillance and marking to be in place by the end of 2020 or in some instances throughout 2021. Whether you currently supply into the UK, or are planning to supply into the UK, or to a combination of UK and export markets, Kiwa is here to support the CE mark change to UKCA in line with Brexit changes. We have European sister companies lined up to assist us in providing a comprehensive solution for product manufacturers selling into UK and wider European markets.  Please contact us as soon as possible to detail the geographic destination of your product and we can advise accordingly on what to do next - or call 01242 677877.

Government advice on the UKCA mark and the Boiler Efficiency Directive (BED)

Government advice on the UKCA mark and the Gas Appliance Regulation (GAR)

Government advice on the UKCA mark and the Construction Products Regulation (CPR)