If your organization manufactures cars or car parts, IATF 16949 can help you improve your quality management. Certification can ensure your products and services are of high quality, helping you win new business, whatever your part in the value chain.
The automotive sector quality management system standard IATF 16949 sets out the requirements for the design, development, production, installation and maintenance processes for automotive products. This helps you show your customers that your processes meet international standards, and demonstrates your commitment to high quality products.
IATF 16949 focuses on safety-related products and on the supply chain, so certification helps strengthen your position as a supplier by demonstrating your commitment to quality. This opens up new business opportunities in the global automotive market and strengthens your competitiveness, ultimately leading to increased profit.
What you need to know
The International Automotive Task Force (IATF) standard 16949, one of the most widely used international standards for quality management in the automotive industry, aims to raise the overall quality in the car manufacturing industry. IATF 16949 is applicable to the sites of your organization where production, service or original accessory parts are manufactured. It helps you prevent defects, reduce variation and waste, and continually improve your processes.
The standard requires you to start with a goal of zero error; through reflection and self-criticism and with medium and long-term projections, you can set about applying the standard. IATF 16949:
- Emphasises process efficiency and practical results
- Uses well-established planning and prevention methodologies
- Includes environmental and product safety aspects
- Creates a shared language for the supply chain
- Works towards absolute excellence across the board
Getting certified with Kiwa
To be part of today’s automotive value chain, organizations must ensure their products and services are high quality; IATF 16949 certification can help you demonstrate that.
By partnering with Kiwa, you can get the most out of working with IATF 16949, improving your quality management systems to improve your performance, meet your customers’ needs and boost your business.
The IATF 16949:2016 standard
The IATF 16949:2016 standard replaces the previous standard ISO/TS 16949:2009. If you are certified against ISO/TS 16949:2009, you will need to transition by September 14, 2018. Kiwa can help; for more information, contact us.
Download the IATF 16949 Gap Analysis Tool
- Boost your profits – by helping you improve processes and meet requirements as a supplier, IATF 16949 can help boost your business.
- Improve processes – with IATF 16949, you can identify areas for improvement in your management processes.
- Increase efficiency – by highlighting where your processes can be improved, IATF 16949 helps identify ways to cut costs and improve efficiency.
- Meet quality requirements – with rigorous standards, IATF 16949 certification shows that you meet the requirements of your customers and partners in the value chain.
- Demonstrate your commitment to quality – IATF 16949 certification shows customers, partners and employees that you are committed to quality.
- Improve competitiveness – IATF 16949 certification helps you enter the global automotive supply chain and forge new partnerships without obstacles.
- Avoid recalls – IATF 16949 helps you maintain high quality processes and avoid quality issues and possible recalls in your products and services.
- Protect your reputation – IATF 16949 certification demonstrates your commitment to quality, helping you protect your reputation.