What you need to know:
The MSC traceability standard is a globally recognised environmental certification scheme that allows you to market MSC certified fish and shellfish. The blue MSC label shows that fish have been caught in a way that creates healthy oceans and secures seafood supplies for the future - something that is important to your customers.
For a product to carry the MSC label at the point of sale, all companies in the supply chain - including yours - must be certified by an independent certification body to the applicable guidelines.
The MSC traceability standard has five principles:
- purchase from a certified supplier
- certified products are clearly identifiable
- certified products are separate from non-certified products
- certified products are traceable and their quantities are recorded
- the organisation has a management system in place.
MSC certification with Kiwa BCS Öko-Garantie GmbH:
You can work with Kiwa BCS for your MSC certification in Europe. This way you can be sure that your MSC certified products can be traced back to a sustainable source and that you can fulfil your responsibility for the protection of the marine environment and the needs of your customers.
To be certified to the MSC Sustainable Fisheries Standard, fisheries must demonstrate that
- the fish stocks they exploit are sustainable
- they have minimised their impact on the environment
- they manage their operations effectively.
Your benefits from MSC certification:
- Meet your customers' needs - by selling MSC certified products, you can meet their demands for demonstrably responsible fisheries
- Strengthen your position in the supply chain - with MSC certification you can operate as part of a certified value chain that supports responsible fisheries
- Protect tomorrow's seafood supply - by supporting sustainable fisheries, you can protect your own supply of fish and shellfish in the future, reducing business risk
- Kiwa BCS is your competent and personal partner for your inspection project and for all questions during the process