This evaluation guideline describes the characteristics and requirements of the product and gives reference to the analytical methods.
Who is this for?
The Kiwa Water Mark certificate is needed when you, as a producer or supplier, want to profile yourself on the market with products that meet all relevant requirements, including the hygienic requirements specified in the “Materials and chemicals in the supply of drinking water and warm tap water Regulation” of the Dutch government. Products certified according to this guideline will receive the Kiwa Water Mark.
What to do next
Steps to obtain a certificate with the Kiwa product certificate are:
- Fill in an application form and send it to Kiwa (see downloads section on this page);
- Kiwa will contact you with the quotation and time schedule of the certification process;
- After mutual signing of the quotation the pre-certification procedure can start. This procedure includes evaluation of the product, initial audit and product testing (if required);
- After positive results of the pre-certification procedure, the Kiwa Water Mark certificate will be issued;
- The certificate has an infinite validity, based on periodic audits and testing (if required).
Kiwa is a fast growing international knowledge organization in the areas of testing, inspection and certification, supported by technology, training and data services. Kiwa is market leader in the (drinking) water-, gas- and construction industries, as well as business services, care and safety sectors. With more than 2000 employees, Kiwa is active in more than 50 countries worldwide. For the various services of Kiwa, please visit our website: www.1kiwa.com and/or the Kiwa App.
We offer our clients a complete package of possible certification schemes. Often, it is possible to efficiently and cost effectively certify for more certification schemes concurrently. In many cases, a Kiwa Water Mark certificate is a solid base for certification in other European countries, for example, DVGW (Germany), CSTB (France), ÖVGW (Austria) and SVGW (Switzerland). Kiwa is also accredited to grant WRAS-approval for the UK, Kiwa Swedcert for the Nordics, Kiwa-UNI for Italy and NSF 60 and NSF 61 for the USA market.