Who is energy efficiency classification for?
Energy efficiency classification is intended for manufacturers of sanitary tapware targeting the Nordic market.
Classified products for energy efficiency classification:
- Mechanical basin and sink mixing valves – Single lever mixer (according to SS 820000:2010)
- Mechanical basin and sink mixing valves – Single lever mixer (according to SS 8200000:2020)
- Thermostatic mixing valves with shower (according to SS 820001:2010)
About energy efficiency classification
The energy efficiency classification is implemented according to the certification rules for energy efficiency classification and energy labelling of sanitary tapware (SIS TK 519).
Kiwa is the principal of these certification rules, and manages the rules with the help of the Advisory Group Energy Classification, in which a wide range of stakeholders from the industry are represented.
Benefits energy efficiency classification
- Energy efficiency classified mixers, class A and B, provide advantages in the assessment of the application for Green Loans and earn points when assessing the application for the Swan-marking of buildings.
- Energy classification boost sales in the real estate market since major real estate players in the Swedish market demand energy efficiency classified mixers to a large extent.
- The energy efficiency label will expand your sales area since energy efficiency classified mixers conforming to the Swedish model are increasingly in demand by our Nordic neighbors.
Energy efficiency requirements
The certification rules describe the requirements for obtaining the right to energy label their products. The requirements are:
- Approved test according to SS-EN 817 (washbasin- and kitchen mixers), or SS-EN 1111 (thermostatic mixers)
- Energy efficiency tested according to SS 820000:2020 (washbasin- and kitchen mixers), or SS 820001:2010 (thermostatic mixers) supplemented with associated PM documents
- Quality system in accordance with EN ISO 9001, or equivalent, in manufacturing factory.
NOTE: New certification against SS 820000:2010 is not possible after 2020-10-10. However, certificates against SS 820000:2010 before 2020-10-10 are valid until their last expiry date. The brochure Energy labelled Tap water fittings make a difference describes the certification process.
The PM document are a further development and interpretation of the test standard established by the Advisory Group and will be integrated into the standard for the next audit.
The standards are available for purchase from SIS: Energy labelling of sanitary tapware.
- SS 820000:2020 Sanitary tapware - Method for determination of energy efficiency of mechanical basin and sink mixing valves – Single lever mixer.
- SS 820001:2010 Sanitary tapware - Method for determination of energy efficiency of thermostatic mixing valves with shower.
Kiwa's energy efficiency classification takes place outside accreditation for both certification and testing.