Relevant to any organization in the railway industry supply chain.
Companies operating in the railway industry have to meet extremely rigorous quality requirements. The International Railway Industry Standard (IRIS) can help you meet those requirements, whether your organization manufactures system construction parts or rail-mounted vehicles operators, or is an operator or an infrastructure company.
IRIS sets out the requirements for a quality management system specific to the rail industry. It helps you show your customers that your processes are specifically tailored to the industry, and demonstrates your commitment to continuous improvement.
IRIS is promoted by the Association of European Railway Industries (UNIFE) and supported by operators, system integrators and equipment manufacturers, making it relevant for all organizations in the railway sector supply chain.
What you need to know
IRIS is relevant for all organizations in the railway sector supply chain – including yours. Building on ISO 9001, it sets out the specific requirements for a railway industry quality management system, asking you to define how your organization will meet the needs of your customers.
The standard is modelled on similar quality standards in the aerospace and automotive industries, aiming to avoid the auditing of multiple business management systems and therefore reducing costs.
Getting certified with Kiwa
With increasing pressure from competition, railways are seeking high quality “ready-to-run” transport systems that meet international requirements; IRIS sets the standard for these requests, so certification can help you win new business.
By partnering with Kiwa, you can get the most out of IRIS, improving your quality management systems to improve your performance, meet the most demanding requirements and boost your business.
The IRIS certificate replaces individual management system evaluations from the four founders of the initiative: Alstom Transport, AnsaldoBreda, Siemens Transportation Systems and Bombardier Transportation.
- Boost your profits – by helping you improve processes and meet customers’ needs, IRIS certification can help boost your business – and the bottom line.
- Improve processes – with IRIS, you can identify areas for improvement in your management processes, ensuring they are internationally accepted in the railway industry.
- Increase efficiency – by highlighting where your processes can be improved, IRIS helps you identify ways to cut costs and improve efficiency.
- Meet customer demands – IRIS lets you set out goals for meeting customer needs, helping you compete in a tight market.
- Demonstrate your commitment to quality – IRIS certification shows customers, partners and employees that you are committed to continuous improvement.
- Improve competitiveness – with a listing in the UNIFE database, IRIS certification makes you more visible and helps you enter international markets.
- Identify risks – IRIS helps you identify and manage key business risks in a structured way.
- Streamline your certification – equipment managers can apply for IRIS and ISO 9001 certification together, saving time and money.