Who is Kiwa thermostatic mixing valve certification Type 2 and Type 3 for?
Kiwa UK (KUK) Thermostatic Mixing Valve Certification is aimed at manufacturers that want to show compliance with:
- UK Building Regulations G3 that requires TMV’s are compliant with EN 1111 & EN 1287.
- Department of Health’s HTM 04-01 that requires TMV’s are compliant with their performance specification D 08.
About Kiwa thermostatic mixing valve certification
Available Certification scheme:
- Type 2 TMV: certifies that a thermostatic mixing valve defined by UK Building Regulations Part G3 as complying with BS EN 1111 or BS EN 1287 for use within commercial or domestic premises.
- Type 3 TMV: certifies that a thermostatic mixing valve defined by the Department of Health as complying with Health Technical Memorandum 04-01: Supplement Performance specification D 08: thermostatic mixing valves (healthcare premises).
- KUKreg4: certifies compliance with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations/Byelaws, the standards detailed above are considered by Kiwa to be appropriate standards as defined in Regulation 4(2)(c). Additional Regulator specifications may be applied and is dependent upon the design of the TMV.
Type 2/3 TMV Requirements
- Performance testing
- Verify the manufacturer’s quality/production process, Kiwa UK has options for conformity, these being: level 1+ or level 3 attestation
- Level 1+ requires annual Factory Production Control (FPC) inspections & ISO/IEC 9001 or proof provided)
- Level 3 requires the manufacture has a recognised factory production control in place (i.e., ISO/IEC 9001 or proof provided)
- Retesting the certified products
- Level 1+ via continuous testing plans over the lifetime of the product
- Level 3 via re-testing every 5 years.
Kiwa UK offer a unique structure to include or use other Kiwa certificates to satisfy product compliance.
Testing will be accommodated within the Kiwa laboratories who are ISO/IEC 17025 accredited by UKAS and RVA, with the certification process complying with ISO/IEC 17065 as a product certification scheme.
Benefits of our thermostatic mixing valve certification services
- Demonstrates your product has undergone a robust, independent evaluation carried out by a global TIC company.
- Opportunity to differentiate your products in your marketplace with a product that is certified by an independent third-party.
- Type 2 & 3 certification also ensures that valves are Regulation 4 compliant with KUKreg4 being issued along with the TMV Type2/3 certification
- Choice for quality that can include
- Ongoing production assessments (Level +1) to maintain compliant products even as regulations change.
- Continuous test plan rather than a 5-year re-test (1+ only)
- Increased visibility of your approval with TMV Type 2 and 3 and KUKreg4 for water suppliers, architects, and specifiers via the KUK database.
- Our unique structure can include or use other Kiwa certificates to satisfy product compliance.