Whatever your position in the feed chain, if you want to show that the animal feed you produce or work with is high quality and free from toxins, GMP+ Feed Safety Standards certification can help your organization.
The Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) scheme combines a set of requirements covering production facilities, storage, transport, staff, procedures, and documentation connected to feed manufacturing. With GMP+ certification, you can guarantee the safety and sustainability of your feed, strengthening relationships with your customers and creating opportunities for new business.
GMP+ ensures the innocuousness of fodder throughout the feed chain by taking a systematic approach to reduce risk and improve quality. This helps your organization comply with legislation and meet international standards, opening up the global market.
What you need to know
GMP+ is suitable for any organization in the feed chain, including those involved in production, transport and storage. It sets out the requirements that guarantee the safety and sustainability of feed, enabling you to identify risks and manage the quality of the feed.
The standard is based on the principles of quality assurance, and it incorporates Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) approaches, enabling you to assess your processes comprehensively and comply with international legislation. GMP+ helps you show your commitment to providing quality feed, by:
- Having an internal quality system (based on ISO 9001)
- Applying HACCP principles
- Implementing general control measures, including traceability
- Using additives and veterinary drugs properly
GMP+ incorporates HACCP principles and certification requires you to adhere to ISO 9001 quality management standards.
Getting certified with Kiwa
With the increasing demand for clean feed that keeps the food chain safe and healthy, certified quality helps give you a license to operate in the international feed sector. More than 13,000 companies in more than 70 countries use GMP+ to guarantee the feed they produce, transport and store complies with internationally and industry agreed standards.
Certification involves an on-site audit, which is repeated annually to ensure you continue to comply with the requirements. By partnering with Kiwa for your certification, you can ensure your quality management systems are optimized, improve your performance and meet your customers’ needs to boost your business.
- Boost your profits – by helping you improve processes and meet customers’ needs, GMP+ can help boost your business.
- Improve processes – with GMP+, you can identify areas for improvement in your management processes, ensuring they are internationally accepted.
- Increase efficiency – by reducing waste and avoiding withdrawals, GMP+ helps identify ways to cut costs and improve efficiency.
- Meet customers’ needs – with GMP+ you can prove to customers that the feed is produced using safe processes.
- Demonstrate your commitment to sustainability – GMP+ helps you focus on your impacts on people and the environment, not just the bottom line.
- Improve competitiveness – GMP+ is a requirement for doing business in the European feed market and is internationally accepted.
- Identify risks and reduce impacts – GMP+ helps you identify and manage key business risks, ensuring your feed business benefits animals and people.
- Streamline your standards – GMP+ covers ISO 9001 quality management and HACCP, saving you time and money.