If your organization manufactures or processes food and you want to demonstrate your commitment to safety, meet customer demands and ensure you comply with regulations, you can benefit from FSSC 22000 certification.
Based on the international standards ISO 22000 and HACCP, FSSC 22000 is a food safety certification system for food manufacturers, helping you identify and control food safety hazards. It certifies your food safety systems, showing your customers that you have rigorous food safety processes in place, and highlighting your commitment to hygiene and human health.
FSSC 22000 has been approved as a standard by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and is accepted by the major food retailers in Europe. It sets out what you need to do as a food manufacturer to show that you are in control of food safety hazards and can ensure food safety.
What you need to know
FSSC 22000 is suitable for any food manufacturing or processing organization, whether you work with animal or vegetable products, products with a long shelf life or other even additives or vitamins. Producers of private label goods for food retailers need a certificate that is GFSI approved, like FSSC 22000.
The FSSC 22000 certification scheme is owned by the Foundation for Food Safety Certification. ISO 22000 as a standalone standard is relevant to all parts of the food chain, whereas FSSC 22000 was designed for food manufacturing companies.
From 1 January 2018, all food safety management systems of certified organizations or new applicants are mandated to be audited against the latest version 4.1 of the scheme, published by the FSSC Foundation in July 2017.
Getting certified with Kiwa
Food safety is a matter of life and death; incidents can damage a company’s reputation and affect the bottom line, and even the future of the business. Consumers want to know the food they eat is safe and reliable, and they are increasingly demanding evidence. With FSSC 22000 certification, you can show that the food you manufacture or process has been produced, prepared and handled safely, meeting the legal food safety requirements, not only reassuring your customers but also providing more opportunities for new business.
By partnering with Kiwa, you can benefit from working with FSSC 22000, by improving your systems and performance to meet the requirements of partners and potential new business, and ultimately increasing your profit.
- Reduce food hazards – by helping you improve food safety processes, FSSC 22000 can help reduce the risk of hazards and incidents.
- Increase profit – with FSSC 22000 certification, you can improve your reputation, gain customers and reduce costs, supporting the bottom line.
- Increase efficiency – FSSC 22000 can show where your processes can be improved and help you optimize your resources, reducing costs.
- Meet customers’ needs – with FSSC 22000 you can demonstrate that your products and services are high quality, safe and reliable.
- Reduce your risk of legal action – FSSC 22000 certification shows you have taken steps to reduce food safety hazards, and reduces your risk of incidents.
- Improve competitiveness – FSSC 22000 certification helps you enter new international markets and forge new partnerships.
- Create high quality jobs – by following FSSC 22000 you can ensure the jobs you offer are high quality, supporting the food industry.
- Manage your compliance – FSSC 22000 is based on ISO 22000 and HACCP, helping streamline your food safety efforts and improve your documentation and procedures.