Relevant to any organization of any size or sector, providing products or services.
Whatever your organization, if you want to put customers first, improve your processes and take advantage of business opportunities, you can benefit from ISO 9001 certification.
The international standard ISO 9001 sets out the requirements for a quality management system. This helps you show your customers that their processes meet international standards, and demonstrates your commitment to continuous improvement.
ISO 9001 focuses on customer needs, quality and continuous development. By improving processes and performance, your organization can better meet the needs of your customers and fulfil its requirements as a supplier. This opens up new business opportunities and strengthens competitiveness, ultimately leading to increased profit.
What you need to know
ISO 9001 is suitable for any organization, big or small, in any industry, from construction to medical devices – including yours. It sets out the requirements for a quality management system, asking you to define how your organization will meet the needs of your customers.
The standard focuses on continuous improvement, enabling organizations to identify risks and work to improve their performance. ISO 9001 is based on seven quality management principles (QMPs):
QMP 1 – Customer focus
QMP 2 – Leadership
QMP 3 – Engagement of people
QMP 4 – Process approach
QMP 5 – Improvement
QMP 6 – Evidence-based decision making
QMP 7 – Relationship management
ISO 9001 follows a structure that makes it easy to use alongside other management system standards, such as OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
Getting certified with Kiwa
To operate in today’s global economy, attention to quality is vital. Customers are looking for proof of the quality of the products and services they buy, and suppliers must often show they meet quality management requirements; certification can demonstrate this.
By partnering with Kiwa, you can get the most out of working with ISO 9001, improving your quality management systems to improve your performance, meet your customers’ needs and boost your business.
ISO 9001 was most recently updated in 2015; if you were previously certified, you have until September 2018 to transition to the new standard. Kiwa can help you make the change – contact us to find out more.
- Boost your profits – by helping you improve processes and meet customers’ needs, ISO 9001 can help boost your business – and the bottom line.
- Improve processes – with ISO 9001, you can identify areas for improvement in your management processes, ensuring they are internationally accepted.
- Increase efficiency – by highlighting where your processes can be improved, ISO 9001 helps identify ways to cut costs and improve efficiency.
- Meet customers’ needs – with a focus on customers, ISO 9001 lets you set out goals for meeting customer needs.
- Demonstrate your commitment to quality – certification shows customers, partners and employees that you are committed to continuous improvement.
- Improve competitiveness – ISO 9001 certification helps you enter new markets and forge new partnerships.
- Identify risks – ISO 9001 helps you identify and manage key business risks in a structured way.
- Manage your supply chain – ISO 9001 covers supply chain management, helping you improve your processes and maintain quality throughout the value chain.