If you produce or trade fruit and vegetables, crops or seafood, flowers or tea, and you want to demonstrate your commitment to food safety and sustainable agricultural production, you could benefit from the voluntary GLOBALG.A.P. standard.
The GLOBALG.A.P. – Good Agricultural Practices – standards are relevant for every step of the agricultural production process, including growing, handling and trading, so whether you’re a primary producer or part of the value chain, you’re covered. And since they’re voluntary standards, GLOBALG.A.P. certification shows that you value and support sustainable agriculture beyond what’s required, helping you.
GLOBALG.A.P. applies to all companies that produce and sell fresh fruit and vegetables.
GLOBALG.A.P. is relevant for all producers that want to show that the quality of their processes and products is excellent, particularly in food safety, environment and employee welfare. The standards are based on the application of Good Agricultural Practice, HACCP and traceability, and the procedures they follow are connected to hygiene and reducing contamination throughout the production, harvesting and packing processes.
The GLOBALG.A.P. standards consist of three modules:
- AF – for farming and fishing operations
- CB – for crops
- FV – for fruit and vegetables
There are several certification options within each module. It is also possible to obtain a Chain of Custody certification, which is particularly relevant for companies that trade GLOBALG.A.P. certified products.
Getting certified with Kiwa
As a company operating in the food industry, your customers need to know that you prioritize food safety and ensure quality in your processes. At the same time, they’re demanding proof that you value sustainability and ensure your products are made with respect for the environment and animal welfare. Certification can help you communicate all that.
As an accredited certification body for GLOBALG.A.P., Kiwa can certify operations that fall under the fruit and vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants, combinable crops (such as grains and corn) and tea and aquaculture products (including finfish and crustaceans), as well as providing chain of custody certification. Kiwa is also accredited for GRASP evaluation.
By partnering with us, you can demonstrate to your customers and partners that your company adheres to the GLOBALG.A.P. standards throughout your production process, demonstrating your commitment to quality, safety and sustainability.
GRASP is a voluntary module that you can choose to follow alongside GLOBALG.A.P. certification. It deals with specific aspects of job and health safety, as well as social issues connected to employees.
- Boost your profits – with GLOBALG.A.P. certification, you can compete, build trust with your customers and boost your business – and the bottom line
- Meet customers’ needs – customers are demanding demonstrable safety and quality, as well as sustainable production; GLOBALG.A.P. certification helps you meet those demands
- Improve competitiveness – GLOBALG.A.P. certification helps you compete with other certified brands in a market that is increasingly demanding transparency
- Demonstrate your transparency – certification openly shows customers, partners and employees your products meet the required standards
- Contribute to sustainability – show your support for global goals on climate change, biodiversity, environmental protection and quality of life for farmers
- Reduce food contamination risks – by certifying your processes with GLOBALG.A.P., you can decrease the main food safety hazards, assuring your customers of their safety