Who is Petrographic Analysis for?
Our clients are across the quarrying industry, mining and construction, with services concerning the material proposed for use as a quarry source of road base, concrete aggregate, asphaltic/sealing aggregate, rail ballast, rip rap, armour rock and dimension stone.
Our other services include:
- TMR Quarry Assessment and Certification - providing the required reports and application for a number of the largest quarries for QRS2, QRS3, QRS4, Q188, ASTM C295 and sight assessment for geological interpretation
- Concrete analysis & engineering investigations – We are specialists in forensic investigations of concrete, providing in depth investigations in product failures and preventive research for leading construction and supply companies. We have specialist knowledge and experience in deleterious alkaline silica reactivity and other common causes for deteriorating hardened concrete structures such as bridges and roads as well as experience in tiles and other concrete based building products. Covering; ASTM C856, ASTM C457 and Fire Damage.
- Petrographic Analysis – Identification and analysis of rock, sand, drill core and drill chips samples. We can provide many different types of petrographic reports including standard petrographic reports for different engineering purposes:
- Standard Petrographic Report on a Single Rock Type
- Secondary Mineral Content
- Standard Petrographic Report on a Sand
- Asbestos Analysis
- Brief or Detailed Exploration Petrographic Report
- Frictional Ignition testing
- Shape Analysis (Roundness and Sphericity)
- ASTM C295
- ASTM C1721
- RMS T226
- ASTM D4992
Geological interpretation of results from multiple test methods, including; X-Ray Diffraction (Qualitative and Quantitative XRD), X-Ray Fluorescence/Geochemical Analysis, and Resource Geochemical Testing.
Thin Section Services
We have a full-service sample preparation laboratory with experienced technicians and fast turnaround. Including but not limited Polished and Standard Thin section preparation (on natural and man made materials), polished core preparation as well as other sample preparations:
- Standard Thin Section
- Polished Thin Section
- Resin Grain Mounts
- Sample Prep
- Core Polishing
- Rock Cutting