For whom is Watermark for Australia by Kiwa?
The WaterMark Certification Scheme, is a mandatory scheme for the certification of plumbing and drainage products in Australia. It provides assurance to consumers that plumbing and drainage systems work properly and the water you use is safe. This means the WaterMark is important for producers and suppliers of drinking water products who want to market and sell their product in Australia.
The WaterMark Certificate of Conformity is also of importance to users of drinking water products, such as drinking water companies, installers and owners of collective water facilities, collective pipe networks and owners of drinking water installations in other buildings.
Plumbing code of Australia (PCA)
The Australian National Construction Code, or NCC, is made up of three Volumes. Volumes One and Two are the Building Code of Australia. Volume Three contains technical requirements for the design and construction for plumbing and drainage systems in new and existing buildings. The PCA requires certain plumbing and drainage materials and products to be certified and authorised for use in a plumbing or drainage installation. That is where the WaterMark Certification Scheme, or WaterMark, comes in. It is a national scheme managed and administered by the Australian Building Codes Board or ABCB, on behalf of the Australian Federal Government.
Plumbing codes provide regulations for the design, installation and inspection of plumbing and drainage products. Working with Kiwa helps to ensure your products meet both the International Plumbing Codes (IPC) and Uniform Plumbing Codes (UPC) requirements and in this case especially for access to the Australian market.
Benefits of WaterMark for Australia service
- Kiwa is well respected in the water industry, a symbol of quality and integrity.
- Our services encompass all areas of the water and wastewater supply networks.
- We provide a responsive and personalized guidance through the certification process.
- Kiwa's proven record of combining approvals keep costs down and improve market on time.
- Extensive international network that supports approvals and access to new markets.
- Use the Kiwa quality mark on your products and promotional materials to create trust.