Hydrogen Products and Appliances
The Italian heating industry, first in Europe with a production value equal to 25% of the European total, together with the major national players in research, innovation and energy, can play a leading role in the technological reconversion and consolidation of the Hydrogen supply chain.
Despite the absence of Hydrogen pipelines and the still necessary adaptation of distribution networks, sector studies, market analysis and an increasingly explicit commitment of various European nations, are opening up wide market opportunities for heating appliances powered by Hydrogen blends in various percentages and for fuel cell micro-cogenerators (micro-CHP), as well as accessories and components.
Kiwa services for Hydrogen appliances and products
Kiwa, thanks to the experience gained in the sector and the wide knowledge gained in recent years at national and international level, can support the manufacturing sector with the following services:
- Testing and Certification of Hydrogen appliances (domestic, commercial and industrial)
- Testing and Certification according to Gas Appliances Regulation - CE marking, UKCA, UKNI
- Testing and Certification of fuel cells and mCHP units
- Testing and Certification according to Hy4Heat gas quality standard (also published in PAS4444)
- Testing and Certification Gastec QA KE 214 for components in contact with Hydrogen
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Pressure Equipment Certification (PED)
- Pre-assessment and evaluation of projects under development in accordance with international standards and proprietary technical documents