Why become certified?
The implementation of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System in accordance with ISO 45001 will enable an organization to:
- develop and effectively implement an occupational health and safety policy
- establish systematic processes that take into account the business context, allowing effective consideration of risks and opportunities, legal and other requirements
- determine the risks associated with the organization's activities, in an attempt to eliminate them or introduce ad hoc controls to minimize their criticality
- establish operational controls to manage health and safety risks in the company
- raise awareness of the issue among all those concerned
assessing health and safety performance in the organization with a view to improving it by taking appropriate action
- ensuring that workers play an active role in health and safety issues.
These measures will also ensure that an organization's reputation as a 'safe workplace' is a competitive advantage, as well as having a number of direct benefits, such as:
- improving its ability to respond to regulatory compliance issues
- reducing costs in the event of accidents, injuries, and health and safety issues for workers
- reducing downtime and business interruption costs
- reducing the cost of insurance premiums
- reducing of absenteeism problems and employee turnover rates
- an acknowledgment for implementing an internationally recognized management system
Would you like to know which steps to take to make the transition to ISO 45001? Please contact us via the contact form on this page.