Our team of experienced engineers, technical specialists, and subject matter experts craft reliable and cost-effective solutions.
- First party – Independent verification and certification services (design appraisals, certification of assets, and certification of materials and components)
- Second party – consulting and advisory services for our clients (technical risk management, asset integrity management, and asset optimization)
- Third party – engineering services, including the secondment of subject matter experts to work directly in customer teams (staffing assistance, including engineering support and operations assurance).
Independent verification of installations
PPI works with owners and operators to determine safety-critical elements (SCE) and appropriate performance standards. We collaborate with customers to develop the verification scheme for the lifecycle of the installation.
The verification process examines the safety-critical equipment and the associated program of inspection and maintenance. It assures performance standards are achieved and maintained. Independent verification provides confidence to the operator and to regulators in the suitability of risk management measures. It also confirms that the plans for operation and maintenance meet appropriate standards.
Certification of equipment and materials
Certification is an independent review to determine if an equipment or material meets specified requirements. The certification process typically involves the following:
- Design review/appraisal
- Traceability of material and review mill certificates
- Assessment of manufacturer QA/QC dossiers (data books)
- Review of personnel qualification (welders, NDT, heat treatment)
- Survey of the fabrication and witnessing of NDT examinations
- Review vendor’s test reports and certificates
- Witnessing of factory acceptance tests.
Several types of certification exist depending on the product type and its application.