Relevant to any small or large food, feed, and farm manufacturers and producers.
Crisis management plans prescribe recommended actions to be taken because of external, environmental, climatic, equipment failure or other potential business threats that will impact the ability of the site to provide their customers with safe products. Depending on the product produced, location, etc. threats may include: Fire, Flood, Power Failure, Storm damage, Acts of terrorism, etc.
Developed by a professional food safety consultant, each Crisis Management Plan will be based on FDA requirements. Each plan documents:
- The process of addressing the immediate threat in efforts to control the crisis.
- Detailed controls put into place to assure that food safety is not comprimised.
- Criteria for when controls should be implemented.
- Process for determining which products are salvagable and which should be destroyed.
- Crisis communication plans and procedures.