Relevant to solar installers, integrators, project developers, utilities and investors who need expert technical diligence, procurement, and quality assurance services. Pre-shipment inspection of finished PV modules serves to check the modules for any obvious physical defects, commonly using a mix of three different inspection methods: visual inspection, flash testing and electroluminescence (EL) imaging.
We conduct pre-shipment inspection of modules, completed on a sample basis and used to release modules for shipment. Pre-agreed inspection criteria and defect rate thresholds are applied. Defect rates that exceed the acceptance thresholds may result in additional inspection or rejection of product as part of the agreed process to control quality. If needed we can provide a secondary validation of the basic manufacturing quality, material consistency, and electrical safety of the finished product.
- Inspection will be conducted using the manufacturer’s equipment and handling resources.
- Inspectors will conduct the inspection and verify correct test equipment calibration.
- Flash (IV) Testing – checking for power and resistance defects
- Electroluminescence (EL) imaging – checking for cell defects
- Visual inspection – checking module component integrity
- Pre-shipment inspection report will be provided summarizing the results of the tests and assessing whether the batch passes or fails the qualification criteria.