Whether you’re working at a large company in the food, feed and farm sector or running a small construction firm, if you want to tackle your environmental challenges, measure and improve your environmental impact and build trust, you can benefit from ISO 14001 certification.
The international standard ISO 14001 sets out the requirements for an environmental management system. This helps you show your commitment to improving your environmental performance by using resources more efficiently and reducing waste.
ISO 14001 focuses on helping you identify, manage, monitor and control your environmental impacts. By improving your performance, your organization can build the trust of your customers and fulfil its environmental responsibilities. This helps you show your commitment to corporate responsibility, strengthening your competitiveness and improving your image.
What you need to know
ISO 14001 is suitable for any organization, big or small, in any industry, from aviation to food, feed and farm – including yours. It sets out the requirements for an environmental management system, requiring that you consider all your relevant environmental issues, such as waste management, water issues and air pollution.
The standard focuses on continuous improvement, enabling organizations to meet legal requirements, set targets and work to improve their performance.
ISO 14001 follows a structure that makes it easy to use alongside other management system standards, such as ISO 9001.
Getting certified with Kiwa
With consumers becoming increasingly environmentally aware, the demand for sustainable business practices has never been higher. Customers want to know the products and services they buy have the lowest possible impact on the environment; certification can demonstrate your commitment to sustainability.
By partnering with Kiwa, you can benefit from ISO 14001, ensuring your environmental management systems are improving your performance, which helps you reduce costs, build trust and create a positive public image.
- Enhance your reputation – ISO 14001 certification helps you show your stakeholders your commitment to social responsibility.
- Reduce your costs – with ISO 14001 you can identify where to reduce your waste and your use of resources.
- Improve your performance – ISO 14001 lets you set goals and continuously improve your environmental performance, reducing your impacts.
- Engage employees and management – ISO 14001 requires leadership engagement and helps you connect with employees on environmental goals.
- Meet environmental regulations – ISO 14001 can help you understand and meet the relevant environmental regulations and standards for your industry.
- Achieve your environmental goals – by requiring you to set and work towards targets, ISO 14001 can help you meet your goals.
- Improve stakeholder relationships – ISO 14001 certification will show your customers, partners and suppliers your commitment to the environment.
- Break into new markets – ISO 14001 certification will enable you to win business in new areas.