About Kiwa thermostatic mixing valve certification
This certification covers products for compliance against:
- Type 2: Thermostatic mixing valve EN 1111 & EN 1287
- Type 3: Thermostatic mixing valve DoH-HTM-04-01 Supplement D 08
The certification offers two levels of compliance:
Attestation level 1+
Requires initial product testing and factory production control audit, the certification is
then maintained via annual audits. Limited audit performance testing is also required
during the 5 year period.
Attestation level 3
Requires initial product testing and full product re-test after 5 years. Limited audit
performance testing is also required during the 5 year period.
Please note - Limited audit performance testing is once during a 5 year period for Type 2, and twice during a 5 year period for Type 3.
As part of our certification we offer a unique structure to include or use other Kiwa
certificates in order to satisfy product compliance in order to avoid unnecessary re-testing.
The testing will be accommodated within the Kiwa laboratories, ISO/IEC 17025 accredited by UKAS and RVA, and the process is complying with ISO/IEC 17065 product certification scheme.
Pre-compliance/consultancy testing is also offered against the above standards on
production or prototype products. We can also accommodate a developing product range if
Benefits of our thermostatic mixing valve certification services
- Demonstrates your product has undergone a robust, independent evaluation carried out by a global TIC company.
- Opportunity to differentiate your products in your marketplace with a product that is certified by an independent third-party.
- Ongoing production assessments (Level +1) to maintain compliant even as regulations change.
- Increase findability of your regulation 4 compliant product by water suppliers, architects and specifiers via the KUKreg4 database.
- Continuous test plan rather than a 5 year re-test.
- Our unique structure can include or use other Kiwa certificates in order to satisfy product compliance.