Radio Equipment and Wireless Communication Testing
Radio techniques are being increasingly deployed in virtually any application area. Whether it concerns cordless telephony, wireless movement detectors, Wi-Fi adapters, toys, remote controls, Bluetooth® peripherals, VHF-transceivers, anti-collision radars and so on, radio technology is inevitable in our modern world.
Regulatory landscape for radio and wireless
Given the vast array of electronic products containing radio devices being placed on the worldwide market it is essential to comply with the complex regulations that vary from region to region.
At Kiwa we have vast experience in ensuring legal compliance to meet local wireless regulations and our knowledgeable engineers are experts in radio/wireless product testing, including RF design troubleshooting, certifications/approvals and antenna testing.
Our product testing can help you meet key requirements to support the UKCA marking under the UK Radio Equipment Regulations, CE marking in Europe under the Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU, FCC (USA), MIC Japan, and ISED (Canada).
Our testing services cover many common radio technologies used in a wide range of products. These radio technologies include:
- Bluetooth – Classic (with EDR) and Low Energy
- Wi-Fi – 2.4 and 5 GHz WLAN
- ZigBee – DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum)
- Short Range Devices (SRD) – Including Z-Wave, RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification), Induction Loop, Land Mobile Service (Analogue and Digital), Near-field Communication (NFC)
- mmWave (Millimetre Wave) – Including wireless systems such as mmWave backhaul
- Satellite Positioning – GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System)
- GPS and Cellular Technologies – Including GSM 2G/3G/LTE/4G in base stations and repeaters
- Private Mobile Radio (PMR) – This is also a requirement for marine radio and fixed link equipment
We evaluate your radio and wireless related product and ensure it connects and interoperates in the right way. After obtaining a certificate you can show your product functions as it is intended and designed to do so. Interested in what we can do for you? Take a look at our services below or reach out to us via the form on this page.
Our services in the field of Radio Equipment and Wireless Testing
Kiwa is able to provide worldwide support and help you with all your needs and requirements for the international approval of wireless communication products. Kiwa has a proven track record of excellent response time and cost-efficiency.Show
Radio techniques are being increasingly deployed in virtually any application area. Whether it concerns cordless telephony, wireless movement detectors, Wi-Fi adapters, toys, remote controls, Bluetooth® peripherals, VHF-transceivers, anti-collision radars and so on, radio technology is inevitable in our modern world.Show