We do this with different aims and for different market parties, such as energy companies, water companies, contractors, suppliers, manufacturers and insurance companies.
Chemical and Physical Analyses
- FTIR spectroscopy (with more than 200,000 reference spectra) and ATR, Diffusion reflection, Pyrolysis-FTIR
- Gas Chromatography
- Extraction and identification of additives
- Determination of resistance against hydrolysis of acetals(e.g. polyxymethylene, POM), nylons, polyesters etc.
- Permeation of gases and moisture through pipe walls, components and fittings
- Differential Scanning Calometry (DSC)
- Thermic Stability (Oxidative Induction Time, OIT)
- Thermogravimetric analysis or thermo balance (TGA)
- Viscosity and porosity
- Melt Flow Rate (MFR)
- Corrosion analysis, for example:
- Stress corrosion
- Pitting corrosion
- Galvanic corrosion
- Erosion corrosion.
- Tensile tests, also at elevated temperatures up to 150 °C and also on complete pipes and connectors made of plastic or metal (steel, cast iron, copper etc.)
- Constant-load tests (relaxation) and creep tests on pipe segments at elevated temperature to determine the residual lifetime of polymers
- Testing of the resistance against slow crack growth in polymers, such as polyethylene (PE) and polyamide (PA):
- Strain Hardening test (SH test)
- Full Notch Creep Test (FNCT)
- Pennsylvania Notch Test (PENT)
- Constant Load (CL)
- Notch test
- Cone test
- Internal water pressure tests and burst pressure tests (up to 95 °C)
- Drop, impact, tensile impact and bending tests, for example on polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
- Stress corrosion ests
- Peel tests and Slow Peel Tests (SPT) on plastic electrofusion welds
- Tests on butt welds in plastic pipelines
- Integrity tests on district heating pipelines.
- (Stereo) light microscopy
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (REM) with EDX analysis (X-ray Micro-Analysis)
- Microstructure determination (also in the field with non-destructive replicas)
- Picture analysis
- Fracture surface research.