If you want to manage your organization’s financial information, intellectual property and employee details, ISO 27001 certification can help – whether you are managing your own information or that of a third party.
The international standard ISO 27001 sets out the requirements for an information security management system (ISMS). With an ISMS, you can secure sensitive information using a systematic approach that covers people, processes and IT systems.
ISO 27001 focuses on managing the risks to the security of the information you hold. By having a certified ISMS in place, you can protect information about the company, employees and clients, thereby protecting your image. It also helps you avoid the expensive fines that can be associated with data breaches.
What you need to know
Information security isn’t just for software companies; every organization, whether public or private, large or small, has to manage data and other information. If you want to manage information security risks, ISO 27001 can help, regardless of what industry you’re in. By setting out the requirements for an information security management system, it helps you ensure your information is protected.
Like related standards, ISO 27001 focuses on continuous improvement, enabling organizations to identify risks and work to improve their performance. It follows a common structure, making it easy to use alongside other management system standards, such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Getting certified with Kiwa
We live in a world of big data and online information; consumers and businesses want to know that their information is safe, so risk management is vital for any organization. ISO 27001 certification can demonstrate your robust approach to information management, showing your customers, employees and partners you are trustworthy.
By partnering with Kiwa, you can maximize the benefit of ISO 27001, managing your security risks to protect your data and information you look after for clients, therefore building trust and boosting your business.
ISO 27001 is part of the ISO 27000 family – a group of more than 10 standards focused on information security, including ISO 27017 (cloud security). Kiwa can help you navigate these standards – contact us to find out more.
- Protect your information – by helping you manage risks and improve processes, ISO 27001 lets you protect your information, and that of your customers.
- Improve your reputation – ISO 27001 certification demonstrates that you have taken the steps to protecting data, enhancing your reputation.
- Avoid financial penalties– by managing risks with ISO 27001, you can reduce the chances of a data breach, therefore avoiding penalties.
- Exchange information securely – with ISO 27001, you can ensure your processes are secure enough to exchange sensitive information with clients and partners.
- Comply with regulations – ISO 27001 helps ensure you are compliant with regulations, such as the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR).
- Improve competitiveness – ISO 27001 certification helps you differentiate from competitors, showing your commitment to security standards.
- Strengthen your relationships – with ISO 27001, you can demonstrate that you take clients’ and partners’ data and information assets seriously.
- Improve productivity – by clarifying who is responsible for what information, ISO 27001 helps you increase efficiency in operations.