Who is Kiwa Watermark for?
The Kiwa Watermark is for producers and suppliers of drinking water products. And indirect, the mark is aimed at drinking water companies, installers and owners of drinking water installations.
The Kiwa Watermark indicates that:
- The products meet the requirements in relation to health, safety, suitability, durability;
- The production process complies with the requirements for quality assurance;
- Products that come into contact with drinking water are supplementary tested on hygienic aspects: the health- and quality effects of products and materials in contact with drinking water.
Kiwa evaluation guidelines
Evaluation of the products is carried out based on Kiwa evaluation guidelines. The guidelines contain requirements with respect to the functionality and durability of the product, as well as requirements with respect to the production process at the location of production.
Evaluation guidelines for products that come into contact with drinking water also include the legal requirements for hygienic aspects. Often, the requirements are based upon European standards. The Kiwa Watermark certifications and evaluation guidelines (BRL’s) have been drafted by experts for various products in the categories:
- Treatment & coatings for drinking water installations
- Chemicals and installations for drinking water production
- Ceramics & accessories
- Drinking water measuring devices
- Fire safety products
- Legionella prevention systems
- Rubber & adhesives
Worldwide expert center
Our expertise, but most of all the pragmatic approach of our experienced employees, has resulted in co-operations by means of mutual recognition with other certification bodies in
- Africa (SATAS, SABS - South African Bureau of Standards)
- Australia and New Zealand (SAI Global,Global mark, IAPMO Oceana, WELS Regulator)
- Europe (WRAS, DVGW, SVGW, ÖVGW, SITAC and CSTB/AFNOR)
Various all-round inspectors can also perform audits on request as part of third-party certification schemes such as:
- Party or acceptance approvals;
- Delivery inspections.
Benefits Kiwa Watermark services by Kiwa
- One single application procedure for certification of functional and process aspects, and for approval of products in contact with drinking water.
- Evaluation guidelines includes both requirements with respect to the functionality and durability of the product, as well as requirements with respect to the production process at the location of production.
- Evaluation guidelines for products that come into contact with drinking water also include the legal requirements for hygienic aspects.
- Reduce costs and time-to-market by combining tests and approval, facilitated through our international network and Global Market Access service portfolio.
- Your partner for progress as Kiwa can provide a responsive and personalized guidance through the certification process.
- Efficient label for sale and use of products in contact with drinking water for the Dutch market: producers and suppliers only have to deal with 1 set of requirements, and product users do not have to look any further.
Kiwa Watermark certification process
Overview of products with Kiwa quality declarations
For a complete overview of all products with Kiwa quality declarations consult this Certified Companies and Organizations Finder on the Kiwa Netherlands website.