The next steps
A brief summary of the main changes is given below:
- All previous test certificates which will in future fall under the KTW-BWGL (test certificates in accordance with the KTW, coating and lubricants guideline) are valid until 21st March 2021 at the latest (if they do not expire prematurely);
- For test certificates that concern materials and do not yet fall under the KTW-BWGL, nothing will change (initially). However, UBA will soon publish assessment bases for further materials/material groups;
- Kiwa test certificates or test certificates of other accredited bodies may serve as a basis for the preparation of the confirmation of conformity of the drinking water hygienic suitability of products if the test is not older than five (5) years and the manufacturing conditions (composition and production process) have not changed.
We would be pleased to work with you to prepare an individual offer for your company so that a gradual and smooth transition for your products can be implemented in accordance with the new valuation principles.
The new measurement bases do not include the following material groups:
- Cementitious materials,
- Elastomers and
- Thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) as well as
- Multilayer products whose layer in contact with drinking water consists of one of the three materials mentioned above.
Do you still have questions about the impact of the latest changes on your company and products? Do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help you.