The main functions of an alarm receiving centre are:
- 24/7 availability;
- A handling process that meets the required response times.
The wish of the European Union is that all alarm handling processes are carried out or done by certified alarm receiving centres based on EN 50518. EN 50518 includes a very wide scope of certification processes to be certified. This encompasses security- and non-security. The EN 50518 requires certification by a certification body which is accredited for this.
The EN 50518 is widely usable for alarm receiving centres. For instance handling the messages of:
- Temperature monitoring for cold storage and storage silos;
- Monitoring systems for transport and logistic processes;
- Flood control monitoring;
- Monitoring infrastructure projects, such as water locks and dikes, pumping stations, bridges, tunnels;
- Monitoring critical projects such as refineries, windmills, factories, data centers, hubs of telecom and energy networks, power plants, ports;
- Intrusion and hold-up alarm systems;
- Video surveillance systems;
- Access control systems;
- Fire detection and Fire alarm systems;
- Social alarm systems;
- Alarm transmission systems;
Alarm receiving centres / monitoring centres / video surveillance centres / traffic monitoring centres / social care centers / control rooms for companies and buildings.
Certification according to EN 50518 'Monitoring and Alarm Reporting Centres’ starts with an application, after which you receive application form. On this form you can fill in which category and scopes you would like to be certified. Based on this form you will receive a fee proposal. You can enter into a certification agreement with Kiwa based on this fee proposal. Kiwa assesses whether the criteria for certification are met based on an independent acceptance audit. Certification will follow upon a positive audit outcome. However, if non-compliances are identified, you shall rectify these first.
After the initial certification, annual inspections are conducted to establish that the certified processes and completed works continue to comply with the requirements.
For certified companies, click here.
Why Kiwa Fire Safety Security (FSS) Certification?
Kiwa Kiwa Fire Safety Security (FSS) Certification is a leading certification body for the certification (accreditation) of fire protection and security companies.
Kiwa FSS Certification is an independent Certification Body that determines whether a company meets the quality requirements. A Kiwa FSS Certification certificate provides the occupant with a well-founded confidence in the quality of the certified company and its services, such as testing, commissioning and maintaining systems.